Back problems

“Ow, guys, my back!” How often do you hear this comment from colleagues or friends? Probably very regularly. Back problems are more common than you’d think; everyone experiences a stiff back or sudden joint or muscle pains.

What are back problems exactly?

Back problems. It is a broad concept. Although people certainly experience upper back pains, back problems generally refer to lower back pains. Back problems are often vague. Only 5% of all back pains are caused by clearly identifiable, treatable diseases, such as hernias, tumors or vertebral fractures. The remaining 95% are non-specific back issues, with no direct organic cause.

How does Flexpower help with back problems exactly?

Only 5% of all back pains are caused by clearly identifiable, treatable diseases.

Flexpower Europe

What can be causes of back problems?

Body weight, stress, muscle condition, (heavy) physical activity, unexpected movements and sports and walks; These are all factors that can cause back problems. The fact that the causes can be both personal and work-related and sport-related can make it difficult for specialists to report back problems.

What should I propose for low back pain?

The low back consists of five vertebrae, which are connected to the pelvis with tires. Between each vertebra is a ‘shock absorber’, the intervertebral disc. The tendons, haircuts and muscles around it, provide firmness and protect the back. Many back problems are reversed to a bad condition of those muscles. See the spine, but like a tent stick, which is held by spantouwen. As soon as the tension changes on a rope, the tent will shake off. As soon as the muscles that support the spine are not powerful enough or damaged, they can express themselves in back pain.

Can I prevent getting back problems?

Throughout the day, your posture and movements change the load on your vertebral column. The more you stress the vertebral column, the greater the risk of either damaging the column or surrounding muscles. Long-lasting positions, like sitting behind your desk or driving, are a particular strain on your back. In addition, repetitive movements are also an important cause of back pain.

Can back problems be serious?

Back problems can definitely be a major issue and must be taken seriously. Fortunately enough, muscle injuries in the lower back are usually not permanent. Such back injuries are annoying, but heal relatively quickly. Over 50% patients stop experiencing pains after two weeks and 90% are free of complaints within six weeks.

Should I rest when experiencing back problems?

People with lower back problems are generally advised to keep moving; this keeps the back flexible and strengthens the muscles. Of course, you shouldn’t run a marathon or lift weights, but it is important to keep the body in motion. Pay close attention to daily (lifting) activities and do exercises to keep your lower back flexible. Perform some (minor) exercise after every hour of sitting. Swimming, cycling, yoga, walking and even a massage also have a positive effect on reducing back pains.

Besides exercise, what else can I do to reduce back problems?

Warmth is also important in promoting recovery. A warm bath, quality clothing and a warming muscle gel, such as Flexpower may be beneficial to stiff and tight back muscles. What makes Flexpower unique is that it requires exercise for its warming properties to take effect. Apply Flexpower on your sensitive back prior to exercise or a walk and experience optimal warmth. Flexpower also has the benefit of spreading well and having a pleasant odor. As a result, the cream is ideally suited for use during your everyday activities.

Will it really get rid of my back pains forever?

Sudden lower back pains can never be completely prevented. There are many factors that affect back problems. Relaxation, a good diet and proper posture are important, as well as regular exercise and individual back and abdominal muscle exercises to strengthen your core. Keep experiencing back pains, is the pain unbearable, has the pain spread to your legs or are you slightly worried? Always consult a doctor!